December 9, 2007

Picture Sundays

Haven’t had the chance to get out and take fresh pictures yet. Let's just say the weather hasn't been in my favor lately. Today I’m coming at you with a selection from the archives. You’ll notice a common theme — work — in this edition.

Canadian volunteers help in rebuilding Liberty Avenue in Orange Walk Town, circa May 2007Canadian volunteers help in rebuilding Liberty Avenue in Orange Walk Town.

This shot (above) was used for a project I was working on a few weeks ago where Canadian volunteers were working with the town council to rebuild a boulevard in town.

Yelitza Awe nailing in the final details on a presentation slideYelitza Awe nailing in the final details on a presentation slide; Sacred Heart College library, San Ignacio Town.

Working in drafting room at the ITVET Orange Walk.Working in drafting room at the ITVET Orange Walk.

The preceeding were taken in the library at Sacred Heart College and at ITVET Orange Walk, respectively. The library shot is my favorite of the set. Yelitza was calm and well poised which always makes for great composition.

My gramps, My gramps, "Maidy", chilling under garage.

This is my gramps. I call him Winnie the Pooh or Old Seed. You can call him Mr. Leiva. The old man was a veteran alcoholic in his days until one day when he mysteriously quit and started a trucking company. Now, he's in his seventies and not doing well. He went under the knife last night which explains why we’ve been wearing sad faces all week long. It’s almost time (sigh).

7 comments:

Domanick Fabro said...

winnie the pooh?

Tracy Tillett said...

No pic of u working:P
Do you address him as Old Seed? Lol. I've seen him happier, yeap.

Decide what you are going to do about the dogs yet?

Admin said...

And some people claim work can't be fun. Most of the people in the pics look like they're having fun.

Everything has a reason why said...

I love the winnie the pooh caracter!

Daniel H. Schluckebier said...

Wicked, old seed....
Well I got tons of work now that we are about the harvest rice this coming week. I will post this Sunday, I have been really busy lately...

Point Dexter said...

I hate that time. My grandparents are getting there too. They're starting to forget things, and they've been staying in their homes more often. I'm going to miss them like crazy. I guess the best we can do is visit them whenever possible.

Great pictures!

Leonardo Melendez said...

@T.T.: Sometimes, when I feel happy...and he's sleeping. Hahaha.

Re the dogs: today's perfect to end their miserable lives (my neighbors aren't at home) but it's still undecided.