January 22, 2008

Walkman

Weather reports say we’ll be experiencing another cold front. Luckily my feet are kept to temperature by a 130 watt subwoofer during the cold though I wish I had the choice of not wearing fleece all day round. My room's looking misty. Maybe I should close the windows. On the other hand...

I've been eating like a hobbit lately, having breakfast, breakfast before lunch, lunch, lunch before dinner etc...

Routinely, I walk in circles before breakfast. This morning I couldn’t help but notice a figure sitting on the couch. I walked by thinking “white-haired, aged, short, soft and stocky… sounds like a troll”. Not sure if she's enjoying the weather or praying but my grandma’s been sitting on that couch since she got here. This is the grandma dad imported to “fix” our terrorist ways while we were growing. The level of respect and order in the environment she damanded set her apart from any granny in the world. She used to strike us with a stick because we looked too tender. Granny Mrs. Quan’s presence terrified us (which perfectly explains why my bed’s been well spread this week). She’ll be in for a few more days but who’s counting.

Jose Ruben Melendez Quan a.k.a. my dad has been weirder than usual these days. He’s sporting white shoes, long sleeves, and carries with him a Sony Walkman CD player.

Sony Walkman Portable CD Player Model No. D-SJ301 with G-Protection (hahaha).

No comments: